Winter holidays are the perfect excusse to make us give into food tempation and give up our sport routine.
The dark weather, cold tempetures and food festines are just a couple of the reasons why we use to take a break from our rut.
And, the worst part..we continue the break in January also.
But why is SO important to keep up to work out?
While days get shorter, carb cravings get wilder. Judith Wurtman, PhD, a former scientist at MIT and co-author of The Serotonin PowerDiet found that during winter it’s likely to consume extra 800 calories a day due to these cravings for carbohydrates.
Another study from the University of Colorado found that ATLPL – a chemical that promotes fat storage, over summer and winter- almost doubles during winter.
Plus the large family gatherings full of goodies!🍗🍖
The good news: Exercise has been shown to combat these wintertime woes.( except food festines)😁
How can you motivate yourself to keep going ?
- Step 1: Be aware of all these benefits of sports- Congratulations, you have just completed✅
- Step 2 : Plan ahead your workouts! Holidays schedules are full, I know. This is why planning is so important. How to do it? Block 30 minutes in your agenda and set a reminder. After all, like Tony Robins says, if you don’t have 30 minutes for yourself, you don’t have a life.
- Leave the routine and try new activities each day🎄 You can make a sort of Advent Calendar for your workout sessions. In this way you can adapt them to your schedule, location and weather. And you can engage your family members and friends.
Some examples of activites:
● Go for a running training in the park and enjoy the nice winter view! You can also listen to a guided running meditation.
● Gamify your workouts:) Set goals and track them. Team up with a friend for much fun.
● Include some winter songs in you playlist
● Accesories your workout outfit with a Christmas item🎅
4. Finally, don’t forget to Celebrate! For each day in which you managed to complete this 30 minutes workout, reward yourself with a yummy snack, a fun activity or a little gift;) And yes, I said a snack😁😁
Hope these tips will help you to keep your workout going!
I wish you good luck and no extra kilos!!